Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I'm in a position where I can make a big change in my life. It's both a exciting and frightening prospect.

I'm contemplating going back to school. Given this economic climate I'm having a very difficult time finding work, and going back to school may allow me to gain a marketable skill. It's a good option except for the debt that I will have to incur in order to go about this. Then of course, if I decide to go to school where do I go? My friends are somewhat split on that, so their input is difficult to interpret.

I suppose that ultimately whichever school I decide upon would be a successful venture, there are just so many choices. Do I stay local? Move within the province? Move out of province? Move out of country?

I've never really left this area for more then a week long vacation, so perhaps its time to make that kind of move, it is only a year anyway. But the debt that I would incur would be much greater.

Welcome to the circular thought paradox I get into... keep your hands and arms inside at all times and enjoy the ride.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave Dear....I think you're having a case of putting the horse before the cart. You should apply everywhere, and then and only then can you make the decision as to where you want to go to school.

Ian said...

Maya +1
The more applications you put out the more options you will have - yes it might complicate the decision process down the line but at least the decision will be "which awesome program do I want to humour with my presence" as opposed to "man now what am I going to do in pootown..."

Ian said...

btw, you are still young now is the time to incur debt... you'll have your whole life to work it off.